Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot

Jill's Journal: It’s a good thing this place is wonderful, because, my goodness, it is hot. And I don’t mind heat, so I guess I should correct myself and say the humidity is overwhelming. We’re hot and sticky 24 hours a day. I can’t express how miserable it is to be that sticky every minute. We’re all starting to get a little irritable, especially Victoria, who naturally runs hotter than any of us.

Rob made a comment the other day, something along the lines of, “Who would have thought paradise would make you sweat so much?”

I don’t know if we’re going to get used to it or if we’re going to throw in the towel and leave a little early.

This humidity has certainly helped with one thing…part of this RV adventure involves us looking for our next place to live, a place that will hopefully be a permanent home for us. Rob has been adamant in that he wanted someplace with little or no humidity. I didn’t think I minded humidity that much. But guess what? I do! Winters in Montana are looking really, really good!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Montana, you have know idea how cold
it gets there! Someone who grew up in
Iowa and it's bad but better than Montana!!!
dad

gretchenhs said...

Yes, humidity is awful!!!
When I was at Ichthus a few weeks ago, I was peeling off my clothes each night at 11ish, they were like glue. Gross!
Paradise isn't perfect but the pictures so far are pretty darn amazing!!! I wish I was there suffering with you!!

Gretch

Julie said...

I guess if it was perfect no one would leave! Sorry there isn't any relief for you. You know, Bakersfield has like 0% humidity...it is hot as blazes but no humidity.