Monday, August 9, 2010

Big Day for me... Ahhhhh.

So today I got to get everything out in the open. I wasn't trying to hide anything from anyone, but the most important things to me recently were - see if we can actually make this happen, and let my boss know in person what we were doing. It just didn't seem like it made sense to talk about it over the phone wihout the concept being proved - or maybe that's just me and the way I am...

Regardless, today was the day. We've been on the road for about 6 weeks now - out of the house for 9 weeks almost, and while I'd not made light of the stress I was under selling the house, or moving to the farm, or getting everything on the farm done... I hadn't completely mentioned 'the plan' to my employers. I'd done that for two reasons really - first, to make sure we could do it. I've made no bones that there were times in this short jaunt that we almost quit. Second tho, was to prove that it was more than a concept and that we already had made it work - that I was no different on the road than at the bricks-and-sticks house, and maybe, just maybe, that I was better... I feel I've been better the last couple of weeks than I've been before that, I'm very hopeful that it just keeps getting better and better.

I'd lost a little focus recently, and now, with us doing what we are doing, and knowing what that means to me and my family, I've sincerely become more focused, more responsible - bottom line a better employee/worker than I'd been in awhile. I'm happy to be up here, getting stuff done in a way that I can only do when in the office, and having the opportunity to spend good parts of the next 10 days in the office to do everything that NEEDS to be done. I'm looking forward to doing more of that on the way back down New England, if necessary.

Today was a big relief and while it was a little different than I'd planned (obsessively for the last 2 driving days, including this morning), I think the info was well received and understood. I'm absolutely certain that I can make this work (with dedication), and my stress level (which has been high as of late) could be down as much as 12 million points. ;) Overall, no matter how you slice it - a good, big, day.

2 comments:

gretchenhs said...

YAY, I'm sure you glad that little stress (waiting to come about) is over. I KNOW you can do it Rob and be a better employee and person for it! You're a great man and you'll be very successful, I mean really...you have 4 beautiful girls backing you up! Love you guys!

wlwilli said...

Absolutely love the graphics. You design them,find them, or alter others?