Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dear Tooth Fairy...


Jill's Journal: We’ve had the first lost tooth of our journey and it was an eventful one. Erika lost it in the car yesterday afternoon on our way to run a few errands…and then really, truly lost it. She dropped it in all the excitement and in spite of crawling around on the floor of the car with a flashlight for 15 minutes, I absolutely cannot find the darn thing anywhere.

Luckily, this is lost tooth #11 for her, so it’s not her first rodeo. (And yes, I know that’s a ridiculous amount for a 6-year-old, but she’s very precocious!) I convinced her to write a note to the tooth fairy since we can’t actually find the tooth. And happily, the tooth fairy found her in spite of the snafu. Whew!

2 comments:

gretchenhs said...

We lost Liz's second tooth, but it was because she kept showing it to everyone and didn't put it away like I told her. I told her the tooth fairy would understand, but she was in one of her "moods" and argued with me, so she didn't come. =) Luckily her grandmother took pitty on her and the tooth fairy came about 2 weeks later after the incident had calmed down. I'm definitely not the picture of a good mother, am I? LOL

Katie Lady said...

I didn't realize children even had THAT MANY teeth to lose! What an overachiever--her birthday buddy, Ben has lost only 1!

Hope you're enjoying RI and won't get too wet with the upcoming hurricane!! Take care and let me know if you ever get your mail, as we haven't received it back here, yet. Oh well.