Friday, August 13, 2010

My New BFF

Jill's Journal: We didn’t want to do it. We fought it tooth and nail and were probably about the last of the thirtysomethings to hold out. But we finally caved yesterday under the pressure of these crazy New Jersey streets.

Meet Garmin, my new BFF. It took less than ten minutes with him today before I was completely smitten. Scratch that. I am head over heels in love. And like with any great love, I wonder how I ever possibly survived without him?

Rob noted that I’ve felt this way about inanimate objects before and quickly brought up Dyson. Oh yes, I love my Dyson vacuum. Best invention since sliced bread. But since poor Dyson is languishing in storage and Garmin and I will likely grow very close during this extended road trip, I’m pretty sure Garmin supersedes Dyson.

I haven’t forgotten you, Dyson. But the Garmin GPS is most definitely the best invention since Dyson, hands down.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow... you and Adam are such suckers :-) I think you should have Rob change Garmins voice to a sexy man (you can download it on line). The only reason I'm saying this is because the first time you get lost and that *Bitch* keeps yelling at you saying 'RECALCULATING'... your going to want to silence hear :-) I'm just saying.
Plus, it is a good thing you don't have a Starbucks craving because she would bring me to an empty store in the middle of Texas... she almost went out the window at that point...
BUT GOOD LUCK WITH HER
Love ya,
Kris

Jill said...

Kristi, you simply don't appreciate the brilliance that is Garmin. Starbucks makes you bitter. Rob tried to disparage him today too and I had to cover his (Garmin's) ears for fear of getting his feelings hurt. Sorry babe, but I'm with Adam on this one!! Come on in; the water's fine!

Anonymous said...

I never thought I had any use for one either, but the in-laws gave us one for Christmas a few years back & it goes everywhere with us now. We call ours "CW" for Crack-Whore because we're pretty sure she's on something with her sometimes "creative" directions. I changed it to an Australian man's voice for a while (so I could feel like Anthony the Blue Wiggle was talking to me), but Scott couldn't understand him. I think he was just jealous...

-Diana

Jill said...

Wait, wait, wait...are you telling me Garmin can be even better? If Anthony the Blue Wiggle is talking to me, I don't care *where* he sends me. I might just get in the car and drive around the block repeatedly so he'll keep talking.

On another note, CW is hilarious!!!

gretchenhs said...

Oh, I'd go with the blue wiggle too!

We still don't have one, but I borrow my Dad's on occassion. =)