Thursday, August 12, 2010

Insectropolis

Jill's Journal: Oh my, did the girls have fun today at a bug zoo/bug museum called Insectropolis in Toms River, New Jersey. And if I hadn’t given birth to them, I would question whether they’re even related to me because my only interest in insects lies simply in squashing any that might cross my path. But these little girls were in their element, just completely fascinated by all things creepy and crawly.

By the end of our visit, all three of them had eagerly petted a tarantula, a scorpion, a giant hissing cockroach, and a giant African millipede with 300+ legs. (Side note: I politely declined each of the staff’s offers to pet such things…some things Mom just can’t buck up and do!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ryan is SO jealous! We've been reading a book about scorpions & spiders as a bedtime story lately & we have regular conversations about whether people can really keep them as pets. If he plays his cards right, he might get himself a goldfish someday, but...

Diana

Anonymous said...

E.M.and V. I am really proud of you, you were very brave, grandma wouldn't be in the same room with those bugs. I DON'T LIKE SPIDERS. So son of mine how did it really go with your boss. As shocked as we were when you dropped this bomb so suddenly. I really, really miss you guys, I do spend quality time with you each day when I first get up and read your blog and I sing "goodnight my someone good night my loves" to my screen saver which is the girls most current birthday pictures when I shut down my computer each night. I love you, continue to have such wonderful adventures and please stay safe. my love to you, Grandma